• Total seven accused arrested from various places in NCR and UP
• Five accused arrested by two separate teams of Crime Branch
• Two accused arrested by combined team of North District and New Delhi District
• Two motorcycles used in commission of the crime recovered
• Rs.4.98 lacs booty money recovered from their possession
• One pistol with 2 live cartridges recovered
On 24.6.2023, a delivery agent, working with a private firm in Chandni Chowk and his associate were going to Gurugram to deliver a bag of cash. They booked a cab from the Red Fort. When they entered the Pragati Maidan tunnel, four men on two motorcycles waylaid their cab. One of them took out a pistol and asked them to come out of the vehicle and asked for the bag. The men tried to resist, but the assailants snatched the bag full of money at gunpoint and fled away from the spot.
Accordingly, a case FIR No.77/2023, dated 24.6.2023 u/s 392/34 IPC was registered at PS Tilak Marg of New Delhi District.
TEAM AND OPERATION
Keeping in view the sensitivity of the case, besides the New Delhi District, teams of Crime Branch and North District were also tasked to detect the case at the earliest.
A secret information was received by HC Sonu of ISC Crime Branch about the whereabouts of the accused involved in the robbery case of Pragati Maidan tunnel. A dedicated team of ISC Section of Crime Branch led by Inspr. Manmeet Malik and comprising of SIs Rajinder, Sunil, ASIs Rajiv, Krishan, HCs Bijender, Sonu and Const. Ashish under the supervision of ACP Ramesh Lamba and under the overall supervision of DCP Amit Goel were constituted to nab the accused persons involved in the crime. The team conducted raids at different places in Delhi and Haryana and arrested Usman Ali @ Kallu, Anuj Mishra @ Sanki and Kuldeep @ Lungad.
Similarly, another team of ER-I of Crime Branch led by Inspr. Ashish Sharma comprising of SI Prakash, Abodh, Devender Malik, ASIs Sandeep Chawla, Ashok, Dharmender, HCs Manish, Amit and Const. Vikas under the supervision of ACP Rohitash and over supervision of DCP Satish Kumar arrested accused Irfan S/o Zakir Ali, who was driving splendor motorcycle on the day of incident and Sumit @ Akash S/o Sh Babu Lal, who conspired and recceed along with the accused Usman.
Combined team of North District and New Delhi District was led by DCsP Sagar Singh Kalsi and Pranav Tayal and comprised of ACP/Dharmender Kumar, Inspr. Robin, SI Rohit, ASI Harphool, ASI Bal Hussain, HC Praveen (North District) and ACP Atul, Inspr. Kishore, Inspr. Harkesh, SI Anurag and SI Praveen (New Delhi District) and this team arrested Pradeep @ Sonu and Amit @ Bala.
PROFILE OF THE ACCUSED PERSONS
- Usman Ali @ Kallu S/o Mansoor Ali R/o B-9, Gali No. 29, Kaushik Enclave, Burari, Delhi, Age 25 Years. He has been working as a courier boy with Amazon for several years in the Chandni Chowk area and has knowledge of area regarding movement of cash at Kucha Ghasiram, Kucha Mahajani etc. He had borrowed loans from several banks and lost money in IPL satta and was desperate for money to pay his debts and hatched the conspiracy to rob businessmen who carry cash. He provided the crucial inputs and identified the target.
- Anuj Mishra @ Sanki S/o Amar Nath Mishra R/o C-148, Gali No. 10, Rajeev Nagar, Bhalaswa Dairy, Delhi, Age 26 years. He was driving one of the motorcycles used in the robbery. He has been earlier involved in 5 cases of arms/burglary and dacoity. He works as a mechanic on contract with the Delhi Jal Board.
- Kuldeep @ Lungad S/o Ram Nagina R/O CD Park, 1/1, Jahangirpuri Delhi Age 26 years. He ostensibly works as a vegetable vendor, but is a hard core criminal, who is previously involved in 16 cases of Arms Act, snatching and robbery and he arranged pistol and cartridges for the robbery.
- Irfan S/o Zakir Ali, R/o Gali No. 29, B-Block, Kaushik Enclave, Burari, Delhi, Age-22 Yrs, had studied upto 8th class. His family comprises of his parent and an elder sister. He himself works as a barber and came in touch with the accused persons through his cousin brother Usman (Serial No.1).
- Sumit @ Akash S/o Sh Babu Lal, R/o Gali No. 11, Kaushik Enclave, Burari, Delhi, studied upto 12th class from Govt. School No.2 at Model Town, Delhi. The accused works as a vegetable vendor and sometimes as waiter in parties/functions. He came in contact with the accused persons through one Sunny.
- Pradeep @ Sonu s/o Sumer Singh, Vill. Chandan Hari, PS Chhaprauli, Distt. Baghpat, UP having 37 previous involvements and one of the main conspirator/planner. He is a dreaded criminal and was in judicial custody for 8 years in a ransom case and was released 2 years before from jail.
- Amit @ Bala s/o Yashpal, r/o Village Bhaitha, Hazipur, Loni, Ghaziabad. He is illiterate. He came in contact with Usman through Pradeep before some time and used to go Usman’s flat at Burari. Two days before the incident, he met with Usman and other co-accused at Usman’s flat at Burari and made the plan.
• Two motorcycles Splendor and Apache with fake number plate and used in commission of the crime
• Rs.4.98 lacs booty money recovered from their possession.
• One pistol with 2 live cartridges.
(i) Accused Kuldeep @ Lungad was previously involved in 16 cases of snatching and robbery. The details are as under:-
1) FIR No.1015/2022, u/s 25/54/59 Arms Act, PS Adarsh Nagar
2) FIR No.000593/2022, u/s 379 IPC, PS Adarsh Nagar
3) FIR No.000573/2022, u/s 379 IPC, PS Adarsh Nagar
4) FIR No.000685/2022, u/s 379 IPC, PS Adarsh Nagar
5) FIR No.000788/2022, u/s 379 IPC, PS Adarsh Nagar
6) FIR No.000792/2022, u/s 379 IPC, PS Adarsh Nagar
7) FIR No.000798/2022, u/s 379 IPC, PS Adarsh Nagar
8) FIR No.000800/2022, u/s 379 IPC, PS Adarsh Nagar
9) FIR No.000879/2022, u/s 379 IPC, PS Adarsh Nagar
10) FIR No.000/2022, u/s 25 Arms Act, PS Adarsh Nagar
11) FIR No.26/2021, u/s 336/109/34 IPC & 25/27/54/59 Arms Act, PS Jahangir Puri
12) FIR No.306/2020, u/s 326/34 IPC & 25/27 Arms Act, PS Jahangir Puri
13) FIR No.273/2019, u/s 336/34 IPC & 25/27/54/59 Arms Act, PS Jahangir Puri
14) FIR No.223/2019, u/s 324/34 IPC & 25/27 Arms Act, PS Jahangir Puri
15) FIR No.688/2016, u/s 25/54/59 Arms Act, PS Vikas Puri
16) FIR No.950/2015, u/s 307/34 IPC & 25/27/54/59 Arms Act, PS Jahangir Puri.
(ii) Accused Anuj Mishra @ Sanki was previously involved in 5 cases. The details are as under:-
1) FIR No. 962/2021 u/s 186/353/332/307/394/397/427/34 IPC & 25/27 Arms Act, PS Jahangir Puri
2) FIR No.57/2021, u/s 457/380 IPC, PS R.K. Puram
3) FIR No.455/2021, u/s 380/454/34 IPC, PS Model Town
4) FIR No.175/2019, u/s 399/402 IPC & 25/54/59 Arms Act, PS Adarsh Nagar
5) FIR No.338/2017, u/s 392/394/365/411/120B/34 IPC, PS Mahendra Park
(iii) Pradeep @ Sonu was previously involved in 37 cases. The details are as under:-
1) FIR No.172/2010, u/s 379/411 IPC, PS Darya Ganj
2) FIR No.115/2011, u/s 379/411/482/34 IPC, PS Timarpur
3) FIR No.241/2011, u/s 379 IPC, PS Jyoti Nagar
4) FIR No.107/2008, u/s 379/411 IPC, PS Gandhi Nagar
5) FIR No.160/2011, u/s 379/411 IPC, PS Shahdara
6) FIR No.40/2011, u/s 379/411/482 IPC, PS Shahdara
7) FIR No.128/2008, u/s 379/411 IPC, PS Shahdara
8) FIR No.46/2008, u/s 379/411 IPC, PS Shahdara
9) FIR No.127/2008, u/s 379/411 IPC, PS Shahdara
10) FIR No.304/2002, u/s 392/34 IPC, PS Mansarovar Park
11) FIR No.597/2015, u/s 379/511 IPC, PS Mansarovar Park
12) FIR No.019950/2017, u/s 379/411 IPC, PS Mandawali
13) FIR No.15/2011, u/s 379/482/411/34 IPC, PS Harsh Vihar
14) FIR No.211/2011, u/s 379/411/34/482 IPC, PS Jyoti Nagar
15) FIR No.68/2011, u/s 379/411/34 IPC, PS Jyoti Nagar
16) FIR No.303/2016, u/s 356/379/34 IPC, PS Jyoti Nagar
17) FIR No.305/2016, u/s 356/379/34 IPC, PS Jyoti Nagar
18) FIR No.315/2016, u/s 356/379/34 IPC, PS Jyoti Nagar
19) FIR No.274/2016, u/s 356/379 IPC, PS Jyoti Nagar
20) FIR No.369/2016, u/s 356/379/34 IPC, PS Jyoti Nagar
21) FIR No.74/2011, u/s 379/411/34 IPC, PS Amar Colony
22) FIR No.320/2016, u/s 356/379/34 IPC, PS GTB Enclave
23) FIR No.332/2016, u/s 25/54/59 Arms Act, PS GTB Enclave
24) FIR No.302/2016, u/s 356/379/31 IPC, PS GTB Enclave
25) FIR No.291/2016, u/s 356/379/34 IPC, PS GTB Enclave
26) FIR No.303/2016, u/s 356/379/34 IPC, PS GTB Enclave
27) FIR No.85/2003, u/s 25 Arms Act, PS Mansarovar Park
28) FIR No.60/2008, u/s 379/411 IPC, PS Shahdara
29) FIR No.232/2002, u/s 324/34 IPC, PS Mansarovar Park
30) FIR No.349/2003, u/s 25 Arms Act, PS Mansarovar Park
31) FIR No.107/2004, u/s 25 Arms Act, PS Mansarovar Park
32) FIR No.408/2005, u/s 25 Arms Act, PS Mansarovar Park
33) FIR No.140/2008, u/s 379 IPC, PS Mansarovar Park
34) FIR No.158/2008, u/s 379/411/34 IPC, PS Defence Colony
35) FIR No.35/2016, u/s 379/356/34 IPC, PS Jyoti Nagar
36) FIR No.130/2008, u/s 411 IPC, PS Shahdara
37) FIR No.306/2002, u/s 392/34 IPC, PS Mansarovar Park
The teams earned the appreciation of the Commissioner of Police for the outstanding swift action in the highlighted incident. The accused were in the process of escaping to far flung places after switching off their phones. Nabbing them swiftly saved enormous manpower and resources which would have been required to trace them later. It was a work of excellent coordination and synergy between the teams of districts and Crime Branch. It has also underlined the exceptional operational capabilities and professionalism of Delhi Police, while working under the guidance and able leadership of the Commissioner of Police Shri Sanjay Arora.
(RAVINDRA SINGH YADAV) IPS
SPECIAL COMMISSIONER OF POLICE: